The NSRI base in Kommetjie hosted the Little Optimist for a fantastic movie night and fundraiser on Aug 1st 2019. The community came out in full force to see the documentary, OPTIMISTIC, and put their hands deep into their pockets to support the local NSRI station. We raised R15 400 for the NSRI base AND R15 400 for The Little Optimist Trust. Six children from the 9 Miles Project came to enjoy the movie and the refreshments on offer.
Thank you to all the NSRI Kommetjie staff who helped on the day and a special thank you to Lara who made it all possible.
The big surprise of the night was the guest star, none other than Baby Adam. He continues to inspire us all with his bravery and courage. To learn more about him and our other Little Optimist Squad members visit their page on our website.
A huge THANK YOU to our sponsors.
- Cooler box donated by Two Oceans Marine
- Aqua Marina roof covers by Oceanriders
- Wetsuit M/tall by WETSUIT WAREHOUSE
- Hero for a day from NSRI
- Seal Snorkel experience for 2 by Animal Ocean
- R300 meal voucher for Lighthouse Pub & Grill
- 4 tickets for Two Oceans Aquarium
- Ullman Hoodie
- Reef Wetsuits
- Kommetjie Surf Shop – Hamper